Day 5 -Salad or not to Salad? That is the question.

Salads. I really love salads... I do! Okay maybe I really love salad dressings ---I mean, not obsessively-- I don't carry a bottle of ranch in my purse or have a personal dispenser with a pump top clipped to my belt loop or anything, but thats not the point.... the point is that salads have never felt like a meal.--at least not before FORM. This is HUGE for me! I have always eaten salads as a side dish, or with garlic bread or a grilled cheese--- almost never alone. In the past week, I have been eating small salads (on an 7 inch plate to give you some perspective of what I mean by small) and after taking a FORM, I have felt totally satisfied!
aawww... the possibilities....

Day 5 - Friday, July 11, 2008

8:00 am - I woke up starving today! Drank a FIXX made with 20 oz. of water. (I know it seems like a lot of water to make a shake with but I have always liked shakes a little thin and it contributes to my water tally for the day so-bonus!) Ate a cheese stick.

11:15 am - Took a FORM w/ 8oz. of water
12:30 pm - Ate a salad ( 7 in. plate) Spinach, cheese, bowtie noodles, sunflower seeds, peas, onions & ranch--chased with 8 oz. of water -- Definitely felt full.

3:00 pm - started to get hungry- ate a banana

6:00 pm - Really hungry! I forgot to take a FORM before dinner--things were a little crazy. Ate 3 -4 inch pancakes w/syrup and drank 8 oz. of Chocolate Soy milk. I was still a little hungry but decided that if I ate any more...I wouldn't want to tell you, so journaling helped my self control at this meal!

7:00 pm - Walked 1 mile to pick up my 11 year old from her writing club. Drank 16 oz. of water.

9:00 pm- Had my nighttime cravey hunger-- took a FORM ate 5 bagel chips dipped in humus w/ 12 oz. of water.

DAILY Recap of Objectives:

YES - I was a decisive eater--barely! I didn't use FORM very well today and I felt a little deprived after dinner. I really think 3 is the number that I need a day!
YES - I drank more water than soda-- in fact -- no soda!
YES - I ate fruits and veggies
YES - I ate regularly.
NO - I didn't resist eating at night but I ate very little and early compared to last week!
YES - I did get some exercise.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

I bought this raspberry pecan fat free salad dressing that was great and didn't taste fat free at all. I think it was called Tom's Steakhouse dressing, but I'll have to check at the store for sure (I finished my bottle).