DAY 5 - Pre Diet Stage nearing an end

I really feel that holidays and celebrations are my downfall with regards to weight! I don't know if it is an American cultural thing or a Mormon family cultural thing or just a my family cultural thing but all holidays are spent eating!! All activities are planned around a meal or dessert-- without fail--- having laid out that disclaimer-- here is what my 4th of July was like...

Day 5 - Friday, July 4, 2008

9:30 am -Woke up (hey the whole family slept in today... it's a holiday, get off my back!) Too busy bustling around to get going to be hungry.

11:00 am - We are finally in the car off to spend the day at the lake-- drank 12 oz. Chocolate Soy Milk and grabbed 2 Sweet and Salty Granola bars to eat on the way.

I got tons of exercise today!! We unloaded our van full of supplies and hauled them all from the car to the shore. Without any additional hesitation, I dived in and swam to the "no wake" buoy! I love no exercise more than swimming, especially in a lake for some reason. Most people go to a lake with a boat or a wave runner, but I love to swim/noodle in a lake for hours!

2:00 pm -Finally took a swim break and ate lunch. Had about 4 inches of an American Sub, a handful of Garden Salsa Sun Chips and a scoop full of what seems to be the never ending macaroni salad. Topped it all off with a Cherry Coke Zero. -- Back in the water to make another run to the buoy.

3:30 pm- Something about swimming that makes a girl hungry! Came to shore for a snack. Ate Animal cookies (you know those iced ones with the little sprinkles-- yummy), drank a water bottle and a handful of cherries. --- Back in the water!

6:00 pm- Need another snack. Oooh, Nutter Butter cookies- I think I will have 10ish. Ate about 6 Fritos scoops full of 7 layer dip (which only really had 6 layers) and shared a coke with my 5 year old (no, he doesn't usually drink coke).

Back in the water for a final run to the buoy! I hate when good things come to an end!
8:30 pm - packed our stuff up from the shore to relocate to the cliff to watch the fireworks over the lake. Ate cut cantaloupe, 1/4 of a chicken salad sandwich, some macaroni salad scooped with Fritos.

12:00 am - In denial, and don't want to go to bed yet. Ate 5 Red Vines and drank a water bottle while playing a hand of cards with my husband.

Happy 4th! Went to bed...you don't really want to know.

No comments: