DAY 1 - PRE-DIET STAGE

Why do I need a "Pre-Diet" stage you wonder? Well, I think one of the many reasons I consistently fail is I have never customized a diet to address my body's specific needs. I have always tried to follow a generic plan, one-size-fits-all type of program and I really need to be better informed about my current lifestyle habits and eating style so I can make a plan to maximize the hunger management benefits that FORM will give me.

My "Pre-Diet" stage plan is to make a research journal for 1 week of: when I sleep/wake-up, when I get hungry- is there a certain time of day or how long after I eat, what I eat, what type of food decisions I make when I allow myself to get too hungry, etc. I am hoping that after doing this for a week, I will be able to determine when would be the most effective times to take a FORM or have a FIXX when I start my 2 week and 1 day trial run (I have to at least beat my record)!

Day 1- Monday, June 30, 2008
Woke up- 7:45 am/Hungry by 9:45 am
10:00 am Breakfast- ate1 piece of French toast w/ margarine, syrup & powdered sugar. Drank a chocolate Slim-fast shake made with 20 oz. of water (not for any diet reason but because I really hate to eat breakfast food at breakfast time and a shake in the morning is the best ...but the French toast I made for the kids just looked yummy).

11:00 am-Just for fun, I changed the batteries in my scale and weighed myself (for the first time in over a year since the batteries died...it has since acted as a bathroom doorstop)---- I weighed in at a whopping 256 pounds on my 5 foot 4 inch frame!

12:00 pm Lunchtime (we don't usually eat breakfast that late) not hungry yet but took the kids to free summer lunch at the park, ate a McDonald's Cheeseburger and a 20 oz. half Diet Coke/half Dr. Pepper (spent $2.14)

3:00 pm Best friends moved away today-- took the kids for an emotional snack-- still not very hungry but ate the "above the rim" part of a Butterfinger shake and chased it with a 16 oz. Diet Coke and about 12 oz. of ice water. (spent $12.48)

6:34 pm Dinnertime - I am so hungry I am impatient and looking for something to snack on while I make dinner. Ate a hand full of Baked Cheetos left over from free lunch. Ate 2 grilled cheese and tomato sandwiches with a cup of 7-up spiked mixed juice.

10:30 pm Husband and I are hungry. We eat a snack of garlic humus on bagel chips chased with a Cherry Coke Zero.

Went to sleep at 12:35 am

No comments: