DAY 7- Last Pre Diet Day!

This is it! The last pre-diet day to log. I am not even going to bother itemizing the whole day because it was Fast Sunday and I didn't eat anything until 5:00 pm. Rest assured my eating did include Key Lime pie and a post 9:00 pm meal! I also think I am getting a pretty clear picture of my eating habits from the previous 6 days.

Here is what I have learned:
  • I start the day eating moderately and gradually increase portion and frequency as it gets later in the day.
  • I tend to get hungry in the mid afternoon and about 9:00 pm at night-- without fail and seem to make the worst eating choices at those times!
  • I apparently don't drink anything that isn't a diet Coke product of one kind or another.
  • I eat next to null in the fruit & veggie department.
  • I get distracted/sidetracked easily and go long periods of time without eating. (This is one thing I was a little surprised at because my children have meals like clockwork! I guess I always assumed I ate at the same times -- never noticing that is rarely the case.)
  • I am not getting enough exercise!!

CUSTOMIZING MY DIET TO CORRECT SOME OF MY PROBLEM AREAS:
  1. First of all I am going to add FORM and FIXX to my diet! FORM is for hunger management so I think I am going to try 4 a day to start out. I am going to take one before lunch, one mid-late afternoon and then 1-2 around 9 pm. My aim is to use FORM at my most cravey, hungry times of day to give me an edge to be a more decisive eater instead of a compulsive eater! I obviously will replace my current breakfast shake with FIXX!
  2. I am going to try to cut the Coke (no brainer) and drink 6-8 glasses of waterish beverages a day. I am going to say that if I want to have a coke, I have to drink a glass of water first and then if I still want it then ok!
  3. I am going to have at least 1 salad a day and add at least 1 fruit. I know this doesn't sound like much but I am going to take baby steps to not get overwhelmed.
  4. I am going to eat small meals/snacks on an every 3 hour schedule to help my partly genetic, partly lifestyle induced sluggish metabolism. I am going to try to eat at 9 am , 12 pm, 3 pm, 6 pm and 8 pm.
  5. I am going to do some kind of activity each day! I think I feel like I am always going, but obviously my bustling around is not enough exercise to help me loose weight!
  6. I am going to keep JOURNALING!! This seems to be a suggestion made in every diet I have tried -- it must be important! I do think, this last week it has made me more conscious of what I am doing and made me acknowledge the truth about my choices. It is hard to argue when it is in black and white (or brown & pink)!
I think that is enough goals to start with! Wish me luck!!

No comments: