DAY 9-12 ...Girls Camp!

I just got back from 4 days in the mountains...with no showers. We did wash our hair in the water spout and tried to sponge off as often as possible but you can only sponge so much! I think I lost 2-3 pounds worth of dirt in my shower when I got home!

Over the last 4 days I had a lot of time to talk about FORM with some of the other adult leaders. A few of them are currently "dieting" with one program or another and are having some success-- which is really great. The thing I think is amazing and unique about this product is that you can use it no matter what eating, lifestyle or diet plan you are trying to follow. It doesn't matter if you are on Weight Watchers or just trying to eat more healthy, FORM can help give you that edge to stick to it and/or be more decisive with your eating choices. It isn't a diet plan-- you can customize your eating anyway you would like. Taking FORM has simply given me some additional self discipline and control. Before I had FORM it was discipline that always caused me to give up or say "I'll start again next Monday" after cheating 3 or 4 days into starting a diet. To be near the end of 2 weeks and to not feel like I am really dieting is unbelievable!

At Girls Camp, we had a camp director that planned all the meals. I had very little control over what was available to eat. I did have a few snack/drink options that I brought myself and I brought FIXX to drink in the mornings, so that was helpful. There was an insane amount of candy and goodies available, I just couldn't believe it! Between planned desserts, goodie bags from other campers and rewards from the Stake Camp, we were over run with junk! I have to say, overall I think I did pretty good. One night we made No Cook Fudge in a bag (butter, cream cheese, powdered sugar, cocoa, vanilla... squish it together in a bag ... so disgustingly yummy!) I ate one piece and had a total sugar rush that made me feel ill! I did not realize how addicted I was to sugar before! I would have easily eaten 2-3 pieces and not even been phased-- not now.

Day 9- Tuesday, July 15, 2008

7:00 am - Drank a FIXX with 20 oz. of water on the way to camp. Ate one mini lemon muffin.
10:30 am - Drank 12 oz. water
11:20 am - Took FORM
12:00 pm - Ate a salad I pre-made at home (tuna, onion, peas, cheese, romaine and ranch) drank 12 oz. water
1:00 pm - I had to drive a sick camper down the mountain. I was totally falling asleep driving back. Had to stop-- bought a 32 oz. Diet Coke w/Lime and a bag of Corn nuts to keep me awake. Drank about 1/4 of the Coke...didn't even open the Corn Chips.
5:00 pm - Took FORM w/ 8 oz. of water
6:00 pm - Ate dinner- Spaghetti & bite sized parmesan knots. I took one medium scoop of noodles instead of 2 like I would normally and ate 8 knots... which was about 4 too many. I was stuffed. Drank 12 oz. of water. They sang Happy Birthday to me and one of the campers and brought out cupcakes--- I ate one to not be rude-- I really appreciated the gesture but really don't like fluffy bakery frosting.
9:00 pm - I ate 5 more bite sized knots after passing up Swedish Fish, Hershey Miniatures, sweet & salty trail mix with M&Ms and Homemade Ice cream which were all offered during the evening activities.


Day 10 - Wednesday, July 16, 2008

7:30 am - Drank a FIXX with 20 oz. of water and ate 2 pieces of unrecognizably burnt bacon (youth campers cooked breakfast)
10:30 am - Drank a V8 Fusion juice -- the label says it is 1 serving of Fruit and 1 of Veggies so...
11:30 am - Took FORM w/ 8 oz of water.
12:00 pm - Ate a turkey, cheese sandwich and the last 3 parmesan knots (finally they are gone!)
1:00 pm - Felt hungry-- I think I am bored! Drank 8oz. of water and hungry subsided.
3:00 pm - Still felt snacky so I ate a protein bar and 10 oz. of caffeine free Diet Coke
5:30 pm- Took FORM w/ 8 oz. of water.
6:00 pm- Ate a chicken taco w/ tomatoes, lettuce, cheese, sour cream and salsa.
10:00 pm- Took a FORM to avoid eating the fudge... should have taken it sooner or taken 2 because I gave in and had a piece. As I said in the opening bit-- it made me sick-- the sugar rush felt weird. Drank 12 oz. of water.


Day 11- Thursday, July 17, 2008

8:00 am - It was freezing this morning! Forget the cold shake I'm eating a hot breakfast! Took a FORM
8:45 am - Drank 12 oz. Hot Chocolate, took 1 slice of ham and 1 scone w/ butter and apricot jam-- I couldn't eat it all -- I ate about 1/2 of both.
11:00 am - Drank the other 10 oz. of Caff. Free Diet Coke
12:00 pm- Took FORM with 8ish oz. of water
12:30 pm - Ate a scoop of left over chicken and cheese from the tacos last night with about 10 corn chips and water. I was totally full.
--- I really craved sugar today! I think the fudge really through me-- it seems harder to resist today!
2:30 pm - Ate 3-4 pieces each of watermelon, cantaloupe, honeydew and red grapes.
--- I really feel sluggish today. I have no energy to do anything-- I think the lack of sleep, build-up of grim, post sugar high let down is all combining to sap my energy! Still craving sugar!
5:00 pm - Took FORM w/ 8 oz. of water
5:30 pm - Ate 2 slices of combination pizza with 8 oz. of water
8:00 pm - Drank a caffeine free Diet Coke
11:30 pm - Ate 1/2 piece of fudge and 10 corn chips with salsa-sour cream dip

**Not my best day by far ---but even though I made some bad food choices, my portions were still minimal so I don't think it will have a huge negative impact. We will see when I weigh on Sunday!


Day 12 - Friday, July 18, 2008

7:30 am - Ate a multi-grain bagel with plain cream cheese
**Going HOME!!!!
11:30 am - Drank a V8 Fusion and ate about 1/4 cup of corn nuts to stay awake driving.
1:45 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
2:15 pm - Drank a FIXX made with 20 oz. of water
6:00 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
6:20 pm - Went out to eat with my family for my daughters Birthday. At the Training Table I ate a grilled chicken salad with ranch dressing, 10 cheese fries, and drank 12 oz. of water. I was so full, I felt a little sick.
9:30 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
Drank rest of 24 oz water bottle between 10-12:00 pm

Recap of Objectives:
YES- For the most part, I was a decisive eater this week with a few minor sugar breaks
YES- I drank plenty of water but did drink some soda-- almost all caffeine free.
YES- I ate what fruit and vegetables were available, at least some every day.
YES- I ate pretty regularly
NO - I didn't resist eating late at night on 2 nights-- 50% is better than nothing!
NO- I did not get some additional exercise each day-- it was a sluggish week.

No comments: