FORM diet - DAY 1!!!

Day 1 - Monday, July 7, 2008

A good friend of mine once taught me that anytime you create a system ( in this case a Healthy Lifestyle) you should first start with a list of objectives. This way you will ensure that your system accomplishes what you aim to. Sooo.... based on the observations I have made here is my list of basic objectives I am aiming to accomplish:
  1. LOOSE WEIGHT-- Be healthier!
  2. TransFORM myself into a decisive eater instead of a compulsive eater by controlling hunger.
  3. More water-Less Coke!
  4. Eat more fruits and vegetables
  5. Eat more regularly -help snail paced metabolism win race!
  6. Stop eating late at night!!
  7. Be more active!
  8. Be accountable- journal!
With this in mind.... here is how my day went---

8:30 am - Woke up with a smile of anticipation on my face, rallied the troops and set out for a morning walk! The street we live on forms a figure 8 and is approximately 1 mile. Armed with my water bottle (24 oz.) and my 3 + 1 kids on bikes we started the day with a bang (Obj. #7 -check)

Got hungry around 10:30 am - made myself a FIXX shake with 20 oz. of water-- this is one of the best flavored shakes I have tried. You know I am a breakfast shake girl anyway and have tried several different brands. Many brands have an after taste or are really chalky-- this one is honestly ...delightful!--- and who doesn't want that kind of adjective attached to their morning meal I ask you?

12:45 pm - Started to get hungry- took my first FORM of the day with 8 oz. of water. I completely forgot about eating. This tells me that FORM really did take away my hungry feeling but I did not feel full or bloated or anything, really--- just not hungry. I got busy working and forgot about being hungry so didn't end up eating until 2:00 pm. I still wasn't really getting hungry but knew I needed to eat.

2:00 pm- Ate a small salad (about 1 cup of spinach, 1/2 cup of shredded cheddar & parmesan, turkey slices, 10 snap pea pods, and ranch) not really a low fat meal but all fresh and good! I was completely satisfied. (Obj. #4- check)

4:30 pm- Started to get a little hungry again so I took my 2nd FORM with 8 oz. of water.
5:00 pm- Ate a cheese stick

6:00 pm- Ate a Jr. Cheeseburger Deluxe from Wendy's on the way to the airport

8:00 pm- Drank a mini water bottle (8 oz.) on the plane and ate a snack bag of Cheddar Munchies. I am really starting to be hungry at this point and wish I had planned better to have a FORM in my purse.

11:30 pm - We are finally settled in and I am starving! Don't think it would be wise to just take a FORM and go to bed-- if it was earlier maybe but at this point I better just have a sensible snack. Ate 15 cherries and a Turkey & cheese sandwich with a Diet Cherry Pepsi (yuck!)

Daily Recap of Objectives:

YES - I think I was a decisive eater today!
YES - I drank lots of water (52 oz.) and only one little soda!
YES - I ate more fruits and veggies
NO - I did not eat more regularly -- I think I needed to be more planned since I wasn't going to be home much today. I also need to start by eating earlier in the morning.
NO - I didn't resist late night eating but I think I ate small... so that is progress.
YES - I did exercise!
YES - I am accountable --baring all to the world!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am excited and proud of you. I know you can do it. Can't wait to see you in about three weeks or so.

Anonymous said...

Way to go! I am so excited for you and for FORM. This is going to be an incredible opportunity for you and others.

Keep it up!