Day 20- 13 pounds down and I have to wear a belt!

Yes, it is true... I am 13 pounds down and I now have to wear a belt with all my summer pants! I think I have finally lost all the initial water weight and will now be slowing down to the healthy 1-3 pounds a week weight loss. If I lose 2 pounds a week, I will be 50 pounds lighter by Christmas! How insane does that sound?!-- and I really think I can do it!

This stage will be fun because I think this is where I will really start to SEE a difference as I lose. Up to this point I have observed changes in how I feel and I see the scale tell me there is a difference but when I look in the mirror I am still fat. My family has told me that they can see a difference, in my face especially. I guess I don't look as "puffy" as I used to. I apparently have resembled the Stay Puft marshmallow man up until now but didn't realize how much... it's okay though-- that part of me is all going to be in the past!

Day 20 - Saturday, July 26, 2008

9:00 am - Took a family walk to try and work off the Cheesecake Factory last night. Walked 2 miles with 2 pound weights. Drank 24 oz of water
10:30 am - Drank a FIXX with 20 oz. of water
12:30 pm - My husband and I dropped our kids off with cousins and left for a 24 hour date. We went to a movie and ate EAS protein bars and drank 16 oz. of water for our movie treats (and walked up the stairs side of the theater entrance 3 times).
4:00 pm - Took FORM with 12 oz. of water
4:20 pm - Ate a Caesar salad with grilled lime shrimp at Chili's (which I usually order with an appetizer and eat with 2-3 refills of diet Coke). It was so yummy and I was totally satisfied. We walked from the theater to the restaurant and to a few stores and back which is totally out of character for us. Everywhere we went is contained in about a 4 block area but we would normally drive between these places-- I know, it sounds sad and pathetic when I think about it.
7:30 pm - We decided to grab something for dinner as we headed home even though we weren't hungry yet. I was worried that if we didn't eat something now we would want something in a couple of hours which would be too late and I didn't feel like we had really eaten enough today. We bought All Fruit Jamba Juices (not the ones with frozen yogert or anything). I drank about 1/2 of mine (11 oz.).
8:00 pm - Ate Chinese take-out when we got home. We shared an entree of Pon Pon chicken but only ate 1/2 and I ate a spring roll. Drank 16 oz. of water.

Daily HIGH - How great if felt to be active and energetic on our date instead of uncomfortably full and sluggish... oh and the 2 pounds.

1 comment:

Tiffany said...

Great job, keep up the good work. How fun to have a day long date!!