Day 32 - Tackling My Squishy Parts!

Okay, I am ready to tackle my squishy parts! I feel great, I have increased my activity but now I want to SEE some serious changes--- it's time to step up the exercise plan! (Wow, I just never thought I would hear myself say that...I am like a different person!)

I know that the more muscle I have the more fat my body will burn-- so I need to add some toning and muscle building to my activity. Since I am trying to do this whole process like an Average Joe that can't afford a personal trainer and I have a life full of family, school and business responsibilities which don't allow me to work out for hours and hours a day-- I needed to find a program that is about quality, NOT quantity!

Here is what found... Several years ago I read the book, Body For Life by Bill Phillips. I remembered really liking the exercise and eating concepts in it (though I could never stick to the program) so I dug out my copy and reread it. It is like an exercising for idiots book-- it is so easy to understand and follow! There are 2 concepts that I really loved from this book: first is that you don't have to increase the quantity of your exercise the more fit you become, you just need to exercise efficiently and at your level (easy to follow instructions on how to do that). Second is that you should have a free day each week to eat whatever you want---before FORM I thought that was the most revolutionary dieting idea--- now, I don't really feel like I need a break!

Day 32 - Thursday, August 7, 2008

8:00 am - Drank 24 oz. of water during workout. 45 minute upper body weight training (from the Body For Life book)
10:30 am - Ate Pure Protein meal bar, drank 8 oz. of water
12:30 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
1:15 pm - Lunch- ate a salad (romaine, feta, tomato, onion, caesar) drank a peach Fresca
4:00 pm- Snack- Adkins Indulgence bar
6:00 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
6:20 pm - Dinner - ate 1/2 a grilled cheese sandwich and a side of BBQ chicken salad, drank 8 oz. of water
9:30 pm - Took FORM with 16 oz. of water
11:30 pm - Stayed up too late waiting for O3 ordering to go live-- ate small bag of Sun chips.

Daily HIGH-- New exercise program excitement!! I think I might be sore tomorrow--feels good!

No comments: