Day 27 - Today, a true and emotional thanks O3!

Tonight I was engulfed in my new book and started to feel my late night hunger cravings-- nothing specific just hungry. But I had the overwhelming feeling that I wanted to actually EAT something! I didn't want to just take a FORM and forget about it, I wanted to have the enjoyment of actually eating. For about 10 minutes I wandered around the kitchen, coming up with all kinds of options-- most of which weren't good and then my husband very nicely said "it's fine, you can eat something but just take a FORM first and come back in 15 minutes". I am embarrassed to say that I begrudgingly took a FORM stubbornly thinking - it's not going to help this time... I am way too hungry. I settled down to read my book again fully planning on getting back up in a "I told you so kind of manner" and eating whatever I wanted anyway. It only took a page or two to realize that I was already starting to feel more in control! I did get a small snack but it was a sensible one and I didn't feel bad about it like I would have if I hadn't listened to my husband.

Today- was a real test to me. I know FORM has been helping me but I have been really positive and excited about it which makes it not hard to use. But today when I kind of hit my first big "I don't want to do this anymore" kind of moment, I KNOW for sure that FORM helped me push through what I would not have been able to do on my own. If I had given in then it could have snowballed from there with guilt and other destructive feelings and who knows where it would have ended. Today, a true and emotional thanks O3!

Day 27 - Saturday, August 2, 2008

9:00 am - Drank a Slimfast shake made with 20 oz. of water (seriously yuck after FIXX)
11:45 am - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
12:45 pm - Lunch - ate a Raspberry Chipotle Chicken salad with flat bread wedges from Quiznos, drank 16 oz. of water
3:00 pm - Snack- ate an Atkins Indulgence protein bar (these are so good!) 8 oz of water
4:00 pm - ate a small slice of smoked Gruyere cheese
5:45 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
6:05 pm - Ate grilled chicken with grilled zucchini and peppers, Asian cabbage salad and 16 oz. of water.
11: 00 pm - Took FORM (grudgingly) with 8 oz. of water
11: 15 pm - Ate a spoonful of garlic hummus with baked pita bites and drank 1/2 a diet 7-up.

Daily HIGH - FORM!

1 comment:

Paul and Megan Hawkes said...

Way to go! Keep your head up even on those hard days! Keep up the good work!