Day 26 - The Truth About Sugar Cravings

I played cards with some friends last night and one of them said "you never talk about craving sugar!" --The truth is, I have craved sweets and have logged when I have indulged (fudge at girls camp, The Cheesecake Factory, etc.) but it really hasn't been the same as I was before.

Before I started using FORM and FIXX to manage my hunger I had incredibly strong sweet cravings. I would crave different textures of goodies and always at the worst times of day. I very rarely went unsatisfied either. I am very much an instant gratification kind of girl and don't like to ignore cravings. When I started this journey, I actually expected it to be as hard as it always is when you go through trying a lifestyle change or diet. I think that is why I always give up. I was so surprised by how easy it has been in comparison to my other "diet" experiences---and I have a few theories as to why:
  1. Hunger obviously had more to do with what I was choosing to eat then I thought. Once I got my hunger managed by using the FORM and FIXX products then I just don't feel the overwhelming urge to eat anything particular. I am able to make smart choices because I am not so urgent about it, you know.
  2. No Caffeine. I have been really good about the caffeine thing. I know that caffeine spikes your sugar levels and when you crash after a spike is when you can get irrational cravings.
  3. I also have NOT told myself I can't have treats. I just need to have them in moderation. I don't beat myself up over wanting something sweet, I just have a little and then remember how much I would have eaten before and I feel proud of myself which helps me resist eating more.
These are just my theories as to why it has happened this way but the bottom line is--- it hasn't been a problem, whatever the reasons--- and that is just unheard of for me! I am just going to keep doing what I am doing because it is working!

Day 26 - Friday, Aug 1, 2008

8:00 am - Breakfast -I am out of FIXX! I had to drink another shake for breakfast and was hungry within an hour!
9:00 am - Ate a cheese stick
11:30 am - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
12:15 pm - Lunch- Ate a taco salad with 16 oz. of water
3:00 pm - Snack - Ate a protein bar for a snack, drank 16 oz. of water.
6:00 pm - Dinner - Ate 1/2 a turkey bacon wrap with 12 oz. of water
8:30 pm - Drank 12 oz. of water
10:30 pm - Took FORM with 8 oz. of water
12:00 am - Ate a small piece of cake while standing in line at Walmart to buy a book-- I didn't eat most of the frosting because it was giving me a major sugar rush.

Daily HIGH - Having a reading day- It was great!

No comments: